Protein Smoothie Recipes
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland, boring or difficult. In fact, maintaining a healthy diet is not only easy, but can also be nutritious and delicious at the same time! The following protein packed smoothies are excellent healthful choices to add into any meal plan. Each smoothie contains quality protein and healthy carbohydrates and/or heart healthy fats that will support improved protein synthesis or muscle building, and will also aid in the prevention of muscle breakdown during strenuous exercise.
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH
- 1 scoop Beverly International Vanilla UMP (other flavors can also be used)
- 1 serving plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2-3 heaping TB powdered peanut butter
- Stevia/truvia/splenda for added sweetness (optional)
- 2TB light cool whip (optional)
Directions: In a bowl, mix together all ingredients and add additional water for desired consistency. Optional: either top with cool whip or stir into pudding.
VERY BERRY PROTEIN PUDDING
- One scoop Beverly International UMP (I prefer vanilla flavor but you can use any flavor)
- One serving plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Stevia/Splenda/Truvia for added sweetness (optional)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- ½ serving Blue Diamond brand Butter Toffee almonds (optional)
Directions: In a bowl mix together UMP, Greek yogurt and stevia/truvia/splenda (optional for added sweetness). Add water for desired consistency and mix well. Then top with berries. If adding almonds take those and place in nut chopper and finely chop them. Placed chopped almonds on top of pudding and enjoy!
ROCKY ROAD MOCHA PUDDING
- 4-6 oz. Hazelnut coffee, brewed and chilled (or any other nutty-flavored coffee)
- 2 scoops of Beverly Rocky Road Ultimate Muscle Protein
- 1TB Truvia (or other sugar substitute)
- 1TB chopped nuts (almonds or walnuts preferred)
- ¼ tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions: In a bowl mix together UMP, truvia and cocoa powder. Add coffee and mix well. Top with nuts.
INCREDIBLE HULK UMP PUDDING
- 8oz water
- 1-2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 scoops Beverly UMP (suggested flavor: Cookies and Cream)
Directions: Place 8oz of water and 1-2 cups of fresh baby spinach in blender and mix thoroughly. Add 2 scoops of Beverly International UMP. (I used Cookies & Crème) Blend until smooth. Place pudding mixture in a bowl and in freezer for 30 minutes to set. A great way to get your greens in!
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DELIGHT
- 1 Scoop Beverly Cookies & Créme UMP
- 1 Scoop of Beverly Vanilla UMP
- 1TB powdered peanut butter
- 2 tsp. Truvia (or other sugar substitute)
- 7oz water (divided)
Directions: In small mixing bowl combine, Vanilla UMP, powdered peanut butter and 3oz water. Mix until smooth. In separate mixing bowl, combine Cookies & Crème UMP, 2 tsp. Truvia and 4 oz. water. Mix until smooth. Layer the pudding one on top of the other in a serving dish and place into the freezer for 15-20 minutes to set. Remove and enjoy!
BUTTERFINGER CHOCOLATE PUDDING
- 2 scoops UMP chocolate
- 1TB almond butter
- ½ tsp butterscotch instant pudding (sugar free)
- 1TB fat free cool whip
- 1TB sugar free maple syrup
Directions: Mix together dry ingredients first. Then mix in cool whip, maple syrup and almond butter. Finally add just enough water to make a pudding texture. Chill in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- 1 scoop UMP chocolate
- 1 scoop Muscle Provider chocolate
- 2TB ground flax meal
- 3 oz. coffee
Directions: Mix together dry ingredients in bowl. Then add coffee and mix well. Add more or less coffee for desired consistency. If really craving a treat use less coffee and make it super thick so it tastes like brownies!
PUMPKIN PIE PASSION
- 1 scoop UMP vanilla
- ½ cup canned pumpkin (can also use baked sweet potato if desired)
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon spice
- 1 tsp. of pumpkin spice
- Stevia or other sugar substitute for added sweetness
- 1TB light or fat free Cool Whip
Directions: Mix oats with water and put in microwave, just as you would make your oatmeal (or can cook on stovetop). Stir in pumpkin and UMP, adding water to get a thick, smooth, creamy consistency. Add in cinnamon and pumpkin spices and stevia to flavor. Top with Cool Whip if desired.